Founded in Italy by Blessed James Alberione and Venerable Thecla Merlo in 1915, the Daughters of St. Paul arrived on the shores of the United States in 1932. On June 10, 1953, four Daughters of St. Paul opened a convent on Greenleaf Street, Boston, and a St. Paul Catholic Book and Film Center at 196 Washington Street in Boston. At the invitation of Archbishop Richard Cushing, Mother Paula moved the community from Derby, NY to Boston, arriving on June 16, 1956. The sisters, novices, and postulants took up residence in a convent in Jamaica Plain, which would eventually become the Provincial headquarters and novitiate for the U.S. and English-speaking Canada province, as well as the publishing house for Pauline Books and Media. Today the Daughters of St. Paul have a Pauline Books and Media Center at 885 Providence Highway in Dedham as well as the Jamaica Plain convent.